Protect what matters most.
Proudly serving hometown heroes in the Southeast.
Insurance products designed for emergency service organizations
We understand the risks that Southeast firefighters, EMTs, dispatchers and rescuers face every day while serving the community—and we see it as our duty to help give you peace-of-mind by supplying meaningful benefits and protections. Here are some of the products we provide:
- Accident & Sickness (A&S)
- Portable Equipment
- Group Term
- General Liability
- Management Liability
- Excess Liability
- Length of Service Award Programs (LOSAP)
Education, training + resources for your responders
Help sharpen your skillsets and improve your safety efforts with these resources designed for emergency responders.
Education & Training
From our gold-standard driver training to traffic incident management courses and more—check out our regionally-based in-person and webinar training and education opportunities.
Sharpen your skillsets on a wide-variety of topics online anytime, anywhere at vfisu.com! Many classes are offered for free or at a discounted price for VFIS clients.
Explore our large library of industry-focused resources to help you improve your safety and operations.
Don't Risk It! Podcast
Listen to the VFIS crew and special guests discuss the latest hot topics and risk management concerns in the industry—and don't forget to come back biweekly for new episodes!
Thousands of resources (including free SOGs!) designed around the top operational risks and issues emergency responders face.
How to file a claim
In the event of a loss, please know we're here to help. Here's what to do:
- Provide assistance to injured persons and/or protect your property from further damage.
- Keep our phone number handy and give us a call. 800.621.3380
You'll be asked to provide us with accurate
pertaining to the incident, such as:
- Date, time and location of the occurrence
- General description of what happened
- Identity and contact information for all persons involved
- Description of the damages and/or injuries
- Description of the automobiles, property, persons and witnesses involved, including addresses and telephone numbers
- If the claim involves an automobile accident or a crime, record the name of the police department and the number of the police report.
- Do not divulge information to anyone other than your assigned claim handler or their authorized representative.
- In the event that a lawsuit is filed against you or your organization, contact us immediately and provide copies of the suit papers.